Dear David,
I can feel the reality of your death sinking in more and it hurts. I don't necessarily like how it feels to have this knowledge sink in, but at the same time I think it is best. Today as this knowledge troubled me I read in the scriptures and there is a verse I read that has brought comfort to my soul. It reads:
"And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him ("him" being Christ) to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men." (emphasis added) (1 Nephi 19:9).
I emphasized the part that has comforted me. This scripture is about Christ and it helps give a glimpse of His goodness and mercy. Christ, as described in this scripture, is the person who will be your advocate, David. He will speak for you. Because of this, what have I to fear? I will see you again, David. I will see you because of what Christ has done for us. I am so, so grateful for this.
Love,
Your sister, forever and always, Jennifer
No comments:
Post a Comment