My eulogy told about my brother, but there is still more to share. For one thing he seemed shy at first to new people, but once he got more comfortable he loosened up. Those who spent the time to get to know him realized what an fun person he could be. He liked to make jokes and I believe really enjoyed making people laugh.
A little after my brother died, my mother and I looked through his stuff to figure out what we wanted to display for his service. He didn't have a lot. David was never sentimental. Of course there were things he liked a lot, but he never seemed to get super attached. I remember that he got into gameboy and DS games. Later he got into computer games. He also liked to read.
Something cool that my mom and I discovered while looking through some of his stuff were a few notes he'd taken while in seminary, a church class. One thing about my brother was that he did not like to write. He always struggled with writing neatly and I believe his least favorite class was English. So, there weren't many notes, but the majority of notes consisted of quotes. It was really cool reading some of the quotes he liked. I feel like my brother was a deep thinker and I know that he was really smart. One of the notes he took that wasn't based on a quote was a goal he had. His goal was to come up with better jokes that made people laugh instead of using sarcasm. For a long time my brother used sarcasm and it wasn't always the nicest. I believe we pointed this out a few times. I never realized that what we had said sunk in and that he had desired to change. I noticed a difference in his humor and that he used a lot less sarcasm. I'm proud of my brother for this.
I hope that the things I shared can help fill in the picture of who he was.
No comments:
Post a Comment