In memory of my beloved brother

In memory of my beloved brother
In memory of my beloved brother, David Bieser: I want to remember him as laughing and happy

Friday, November 22, 2013

The Service

     The service we had for my brother was beautiful. We brought some of his favorite things and displayed them. My grandmother and Aunt got gorgeous flowers. I gave the eulogy, as you can see. I managed to give the eulogy without breaking down. I shed a few tears, but I was able to even add a few extra things that I felt impressed to.
     Something you should know is that I am religious and something that I think helped me to give my eulogy is I told Heavenly Father that if He wanted me to give the eulogy that if he would please hug me or send David to, that I would appreciate it. I feel like He did. I'm very grateful for that. I know that my religion has helped me greatly through this. It has been a source of huge comfort.
     I kept hoping and thinking that having the service and seeing my brother's grave would make it real for me...but it didn't really. The grave hasn't been marked yet. As I stared at the grave and thought to myself, "My brother's body is buried down there," I just couldn't make it seem real. Probably half of me believed it was and the other half fought to deny the truth. I feel like I'm still struggling for it to sink in completely. I still wonder when the day will come when it will feel real. It hasn't helped that the most I saw was the unmarked grave. Because he died when at my father's house he was far away from me. I hadn't even seen him for a bit less than a year. It feels like my brother could still be there with my father and that he'll call me and say 'hi' sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment