I believe that when losing someone we all face questions. I know that I have. In my earlier blog I mentioned thinking about how my children wouldn't get to meet him. There are other things I think about, wonder about, and question. I wonder what it would have been like to see him grow. What his thoughts were. I wish that I could have gotten to know him better. What would he have chosen to do when he got older? Who would he have married? What would he look like? What would he study in college? Which college would he have gone to? And of course there are many questions that have come to mind about his death. Why did that have to happen? And questions about what the future will be like. Will I ever completely heal? Is that even possible?
I would like to open this blog up for people to post questions they may have had if they lost someone. Maybe asking them can help us move on. I'm not sure if it will help me to or not, but at least saying my questions can help me think about them. We might never know the answers while on earth, but another question I wonder is: Do we need to? Would it be better to know? Perhaps I am not meant to know the answers to my questions. Perhaps it is better that way.
Because I cannot know the answer to many of my questions I want to try to think positively. I like to think my brother is happier now. I like to think that my future can still be good. I like to think that I will be able to move on and live past this. I like to believe that I can learn from this and that there is meaning. Perhaps some of the things that I like to believe won't be, but what does it hurt me to think this way? Thinking positively helps me. It makes me feel better. I'd like to encourage others to try to do the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment