In memory of my beloved brother

In memory of my beloved brother
In memory of my beloved brother, David Bieser: I want to remember him as laughing and happy

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

My Aunts thoughts

One of my Aunts sent me something about my brother that she said I could share, and I would like to. This is what she said:

                                                                        David Bieser

It was a pleasure watching David grow for 16 years and being a part of his family.  I remember thinking, “Oh that poor boy surrounded by girls”!  But I know he enjoyed being the man of the house.  He loved his mom and sisters and was a happy child.  I remember that he loved to play board games with them and his cousins.  And he loved to tease them like any typical brother.
When I went into David’s bedroom in Chino Hills when he was young, he had a small table next to his bed.  Instead of being covered with typical boy toys of cars, books etc, he had a Christmas scene with Pine trees covered in snow.  I asked Julie why he had that and she said he just loved the miniature scene which reminded him of Christmas and nature.  I knew he was sensitive and special back then.
David was a good swimmer and enjoyed swimming in our pool or going with us to Lake Powell.  His last trip to Lake Powell was May 2012 and he enjoyed hiking and seeing the beauty of the outdoors.  He was photographed at Rainbow Bridge and hiking in the Slot Canyons.  He loved climbing rocks and conquering the cliffs to be rewarded with the great scenery at the top.
When David moved to St George, he started to grow his hair long.  His Uncle Kurt took him to a barber when he first moved to town.  But he let his hair grow longer and longer.  He actually trusted me to trim his hair when I visited his home.  I felt honored that he allowed me to do that!
He found his first girlfriend in St George.  What girl wouldn’t love that tall handsome young man?  He was quiet but obviously a girl found him fascinating!
I always marveled that David grew into a tall, strong young man.  He was such a picky eater!  I marveled that when I cooked a Roast Beef dinner with all the trimmings, he would only eat the meat and a roll.  I would look at his shoes and say, “Good Grief.  What size shoes do you wear?”  I would tease him that he had a good foundation.  One thing David really got excited about was candy or desert.  He would never pass up a treat unless it had fruit in it!

David was a good kid who went to church, seminary and gave talks in Sacrament meeting.  He knew what was right and wrong.  He was quiet and always kind and respectful.  I was proud to be his Aunt and have him in my home and life.  I will always remember David and how much he loved his mother and sisters and the great examples they were to him in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment