In memory of my beloved brother

In memory of my beloved brother
In memory of my beloved brother, David Bieser: I want to remember him as laughing and happy

Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Thoughts

Dear David,

     Last night I thought about the time of year it is. I'd watched a Christmas movie and in it the mother of this one boy died. It was really touching. I couldn't help but think of you. I thought about how the last time I actually saw you was about a year ago. I'm pretty sure it had been just after Christmas. This made me wish to have just one more Christmas with you. Is just one more too much to ask? You may be there in spirit, but that isn't really the same.
     As I've thought about this I've also thought, is Christmas a time that will bring me sadness as I think about you? I allowed my thoughts to go farther and thought about what Christmas is about. Instead of looking at this in a negative light I want to find the good. I thought about how I should be grateful to have been able to see you then. I've also thought about how for Christmas we celebrate Christ's birth. It is because of Christ that I will see you again and for this reason I have cause to rejoice and not sorrow. I thank my Savior and Redeemer for this.
     I love you David. I hope that your spirit can be with us this holiday season and I look forward to the day when we will be together again.

Love,
Your sister, forever and always, Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment