In memory of my beloved brother

In memory of my beloved brother
In memory of my beloved brother, David Bieser: I want to remember him as laughing and happy

Monday, December 30, 2013

Wishing I New More

Dear David,

     The last few days you've been on my mind. I've seen some pictures of you as I've gone through my stuff to pack to go back to college. I won't deny it; I've teared up and cried a bit these last few days. David I miss you.
     I've reflected about the past, especially last Sunday when thoughts of you were brought to my mind. As I sat and listened to the speakers, one of the thoughts I had was that I don't feel like I ever got to know you that well. You were pretty quiet and when we did talk it wasn't about anything super deep. Don't get me wrong, we had great conversations, but I don't think you ever really let anyone in. Even though you were quiet I kept telling myself to be patient, not push you, and that one day you would open up. I don't know if that was best anymore because now I no longer have that opportunity. All I can do is wish that I could have had more time to get to know you and that with the time that I did have, that I could have gotten to know you better.
     I have one last hope though. I wasn't the only person in your life. I know that you knew a lot of other people. Perhaps the people who knew you could help give me a better picture of who you were. Maybe through them I can have another chance to get to know you a little better.

Love,
Your sister, forever and always, Jennifer

To those of you who have read this. If you are willing I'd be grateful if you felt like sharing anything that you knew about my brother. The smallest thing would be great. If you don't want to share it on this blog and your my friend on Facebook, you could send me something that way. However you do it, I'd be grateful if you shared. I really do wish that I could have gotten to know my brother better and, after thinking about it, I've realized that if people were willing to share about him that I might get a second chance to learn a little more. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment