In memory of my beloved brother

In memory of my beloved brother
In memory of my beloved brother, David Bieser: I want to remember him as laughing and happy

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Wondering

Dear David,

     I think about my own experience with your death and wonder what it is like for others when they lose a loved one. Even within our family I know that each of us are going though a slightly different experience with your death. For poor father he had to find you. For mother, our sisters, and I we heard about your death over the phone. The most we saw to confirm this awful news was your unmarked grave. I think that if I'd actually seen you that it would have been a lot harder to handle and that healing wouldn't be going as smoothly. I also wonder though if seeing you would have forced me to believe your death instead of still waiting for it to sink in. 
     I know that the gospel has been a huge crutch and comfort for me. But not everyone has something like this when someone they love dies. This makes me shutter to imagine what it would be like for them. How could anyone cope without knowing that they will see their loved one again? Knowing that I will see you again has given me great comfort and hope. I do not have to despair. But what about those that don't have this knowledge? I wish that those who didn't could know that there is hope and that they will see their loved ones again. If only this great news could be spread to all and comfort them like it has me. 
     David, I look forward to the day when we will meet again. 

Love,
Your sister, forever and always, Jennifer 

No comments:

Post a Comment