Dear David,
Merry Christmas David! You are missed. I really wish that I could have had you around for at least one more Christmas. If only you could have waited, maybe you would have changed your mind. It's kind of hard to think that I might have been able to see you right now if you were still here. It would have been a year since I last saw you.
I remember for all the Christmas' I had with you that you weren't easy to shop for. You never were much for material things. Poor mother would always wonder what to get you and I never could help much because I didn't know either. I know you appreciated the things that you were given though. As hard as you were to shop for, I'm going to miss that challenge.
Today I'm with my husband and those of his family that are around. I got to see one of our cousin's and her husband for a little. I've also talked to one of my friends a bit and I've talked to our family. But I feel like I'm missing someone and that someone is you. I hope that wherever you are you can feel loved and that you can know you are thought of and remembered. I don't think a Christmas will go by that you won't be thought of. I'm positive that I'm not the only one thinking about you today. I feel bad for our parents who I know must miss you a lot too. Our sisters probably do too.
As I've thought about Christmas I've thought about the true meaning. I think that more than ever I have had reason to be grateful for what Christmas represents. I'm so grateful for Christ's birth and what that has meant. Because of Christ I will get to see you again and that gives me hope. As much as I miss you and wish I could see you at least I know that death cannot keep me from from seeing you forever. For this reason I have cause to rejoice at this season. I want to remember this instead of feel sad and miss you. My goal is to try to think optimistically.
I love you David, so much. Wherever you are at the moment I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas.
Love,
Your sister, forever and always, Jennifer
No comments:
Post a Comment